By Nancy Friedman – President, Founder of Telephone Doctor Customer Service Training, Keynote Customer Service Speaker, Communications and Sales
Your check list to being a winner. Do you or don’t you? Are you or aren’t you?
It’s good to know what you’re good at and it’s extra good to know what you’re not good at. If you lack any of these sales skills – really LIFE SKILLS – there is help. Read on.
* They don’t hone their skills
* They’re not flexible
* They’re not team players
* They don’t use their sense of humor
* They don’t use their imagination
* They don’t listen to management
* They make no effort after hours
* They get too comfortable – too fast
*They interrupt the customer
* They don’t ask or maybe don’t understand OPEN ENDED questions
* They make too many assumptions
* Their mind is not on the sale
* They’re not able to handle corrective criticism
* They don’t have enthusiasm for life
* They have poor time management skills
* They don’t use their personality on the job; saving it for the weekend
* They don’t have a “whatever it takes” attitude
* They lose their focus
* They’re not able to deal with personality conflicts
* They don’t believe 100% in the product they’re selling
*They don’t understand real rapport building – Building the Relationship
* They think they know it all. A finished product.
* They don’t qualify the leads well
* They lack confidence
* They don’t have long term commitments
* They’re often short sighted
* Honestly and transparency can be an issue
* They lack daily self improvement
* They don’t enjoy following the leader
* They don’t understand this list
Yes, there of course are more. These rank high. The good news is most of these are correctable. And with some changes, sales folks could be GREAT. But then change is hard.
Remember NOTHING happens till somebody sells something.
Who wants a demo of Nancy speaking? Email or call: nancyF@telephonedoctor.com;
314-291-1012; St. Louis, MO